Most of them believes in god. In Kerala they are many temple but Swamy Ayapa temple has it's own significance. Most of the devotees crowd at Sabarimalai to have darshanam of Ayapa. Sabarimala is famous Hindu temple. All most 45-50 millions of devotees visit Sabarimala every year. We can say that sabarimalai is a symbol of unity, equality and love.
Location of Sabarimala Temple:
Everyone believe that Swamy Ayyapa meditated after killing the demon "MAHISHI". so, this place was given more importance. Sabarimalai is located in the Western Ghats of Pathanamthitta District in Kerala. Ayyappa temple is situated on the hilltop with the attitude of 468 m.
Rules to enter Sabarimalai Temple:
- Womens between the age of 10 to 50 are not allowed to enter into the temple.
- The vratham should be followed for 41- day penance.
- While flowing the vratam, the person must wear garland of Rudraksha or Tulasi.
- Must avoid meat, fish, alcohol,sex, tobacco, hair-cut, shaving and using foul words.
- During vratam, the person must wear only plain black, blue or saffron colored traditional dress.
- Every day the person must have his / her bath twice a day and visit the local temple regularly
We all know that sabarimala is most powerful temple. The kids and old women's are allowed into the temple but the age group between 10 to 50 are not allowed because it is the menstrual age.
Opening dates of Sabasrimala Temple:
Sabarimala temple is opened only during the particular days and only in that days the vratam should be followed.
- Days of Mandalapooja (November 15th to December 26th)
- Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthi (January 14th)
- Vishu (April 14th)
Swamiyea Saranam Ayyappa